If you own a website regardless of your inclination, e-commerce, blogging, or performing any other function on the internet, then you must be familiar with the term ‘web. Web hosting simply involves making your website available via the world wide web. This internet hosting service involves a hosting provider who allocates space on a web server for the website of an individual or organization to store its files.
When a website is being hosted, the files it comprises i.e., images, codes, etc. are made available for online viewing. Cloud web hosting involves the use of multiple clustered servers which means that your website utilizes the virtual resources of many servers to assist all aspects of hosting your site.
In this post, we’re going to discuss the 10 best cloud hosting providers in vogue right now based on measurable metrics. But before that, let’s explain a little jargon to help you better understand the comparisons to come.
- (RAM) Random Access Memory: This is better defined as digital brainpower as it helps provide the necessary data storage required for computers to complete tasks. Thus, the higher the RAM value of your site, the more processes it can handle at a time. Unless you’re doing some heavyweight stuff on your website, a gigabyte or two usually suffices for most websites.
- Root Access: This aids your ability to customize the environment of your server, here you can make changes to hardware settings and also install additional software like the extra security. This provides you with greater control over your hosting as it adds an extra layer of flexibility to it.
- (CPUs): These are the central figures of your server, the brain, as they are tasked with processing information. Usually referred to as the ‘core of your server’, the more abundant you are in this department, the higher the efficiency of your site.
- Uptime: Just as the name implies, it refers to the duration at which your website comes up and stays online. You’ll learn that it is near impossible to attain 100% uptime as computers are just as flawed as we are, but the aim is to get as close as possible. It goes without saying that when your site is offline or goes down, it cannot be accessed by visitors.
- Bandwidth: This is the amount of data that can flow between servers (your site), users, and the internet. The bandwidth of your server dictates the quantity of information that can travel along with its connection as well as its speed. The level of bandwidth on your site is directly responsible for how much traffic your website can handle.
10 Top Cloud Hosting Providers
Finding the right cloud hosting provider out of the scores of providers available online can be strenuous and tasking, so we’ve curated a well-researched list of providers to choose from they include:
Offering some of the most cost-effective cloud hosting services presently available in the industry, HostGator has created a niche for itself. Well known for its affordable prices, they still manage to retain quality service, with a unique dashboard that makes it easy to monitor website performance with quick access to vital information like uptime, page speed, reach, traffic, and more. Server scaling is also very simple here with just a click, no reboots, downtime, or data migration. Features of note include;
- $12.85 per month or $4.95 for annual
- Free Domain and SSL certificate
- 45-Day money-back guarantee
With over 25 global locations, Cloudways lets you deploy your cloud servers from one of these with scope customizable from the region up to the city. This is a big plus for site speed as you’re never too far away from your servers, and also makes for more flexible plans than their competition. Although pricing depends on your selected data center, you can choose between monthly and hourly pricing packaged according to your needs. Amazing features of Cloudways include;
- Bandwidth of over 1TB
- Minimum of $10 per month
- Storage space of at least 25GB
Based in Utah, Bluehost is owned by web mogul Endurance International Group (EIG). They offer both managed and unmanaged hosting services where you get an automated setup for WordPress and other great apps via a Mojo Marketplace-powered system. Bluehost provides a Weebly-based website builder, this lets you create a website with a maximum of 6 pages. Interesting features include;
- Free access to Cloudfare
- Basic share hosting $2/75 per month and managed plan for $9.95
- Impressive 24/7 customer support
- Unmetered bandwidth
- WooCommerce hosting
LiquidWeb provides various services for services like managed solutions, managed applications, and managed to host. Providing fully managed web hosting services has a high-performance infrastructure with an option for custom-built server clusters. With solutions for dedicated servers, Cloud VPS, Cloud Sites, Cloud Dedicated Servers, and Private VPS Parent Liquid Web provides Cloud Dedicated Server plans for Single and Dual processors. Features include;
- DDoS protection
- Cloud Loaf Balancer
- Web Application Protection
- Performs PCI Compliance
Hostinger is popular among website owners because of its competitively lowered prices. This web hosting provider offers quality cloud hosting services keeping in mind the availability and affordability of these services. At a first-time annual rate of $9.99 per month, Hostinger has the most affordable services that offer good value for money.
Already boasting one of the lowest prices for cloud hosting in the market, you are guaranteed 99.9% uptime and considerable processing speed, thus, making Hostinger a great option for first-timers looking to test the waters and those on a budget. The most impressive features include;
- User-friendly HPanel dashboard
- Dedicated IP
- Month-to-month pricing
- Free Domain and SSL certificate
- 30-Day money back guaranteed
6. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is a well-known brand for cloud hosting that offers some of the fastest hosting services in the market. Their cloud options are great because they are entirely customizable, easily adjustable to your specific needs. The plans range from $5 to $15 per month but your payment will only be for resources you select based on your intentions for configuring the cloud servers.
If you’re interested in the cPanel, it however costs $19.95 extra per month and isn’t available to the lower-level pricing plan. Although they promise 99.9% uptime and anytime money back guaranteed, it is advisable to read the fine print before purchasing as there are addendums to both. Brilliant features include;
- 24/7/365 guru support team
- Lightning quick page load speed
- Up to 20× faster servers
- Managed and unmanaged options available
- 30-day money-back guarantee
The usual go-to for websites that have surpassed their shared plans. With fully managed plans, SiteGround’s services include taking care of your hosting account for you. This implies that they handle the IT aspect of your hosting, letting you focus on other areas of your website that requires your attention. Here, you can easily and spontaneously add resources like CPU and RAM with just a click in your admin settings.
Their amazing auto-scaling feature lets you automatically render designated resources during periods of unforeseen spikes in traffic. SiteGround helps you completely configure your cloud and plan per the resources you require. Other features include;
- $80.00 per month
- Fully managed services
- Guaranteed resources
- 30-Day money-back guarantee
- Advanced priority support
- Free webmaster tools
Boasting arguably the easiest cloud setup in the web hosting industry, Dreamhost users can get their cloud servers up and running in less than a minute. It also has the great feature of letting you pick what you pay for with the customizable plan, as you get charged per hour for resources used based on your server size.
However, with several server options made for web apps, databases, and running tests in addition to websites, Dreamhost cloud is best for developers. Features include;
- 16-hour daily support
- Maximum of $4.50 per month
- 100 GB o Block storage
- Free SSD & Bandwidth
- Full root access and control
Kinsta is a hosting provider that is a perfect fit for both small and large businesses. With provisions made for fully managed WordPress hosting services, migration is free and fast as they boast of one of the fastest speeds in the industry. The daily backup feature ensures you don’t lose any vital data and there’s an offer for Managed, WooCommerce, and Enterprise hosting services. Major features include;
- Free daily backups
- High-performance security features like hardware firewall, DDoS attack detection, and SSL support.
- Utilizes the latest technology like PHP 7, Nginx, and MariaDB.
Made popular with the help of highly configurable slice-based VPS servers and amazingly low prices. Able to function on Linux and Windows, you are provided full root access and server control. Starting with a minimum of 30GB SSD space and 1TB bandwidth, Interserver is one of the best self-managed cloud hosting services out there. Features include
- Relatively cheap, straightforward pricing
- Highly configurable cloud servers
- Monthly payments with no lock-in contracts
IN A NUTSHELL
While you pick your preferred choice, it is important to know that there isn’t one perfect fit for everyone. Some features may be attractive to you but you can’t afford them and vice-versa so it’s better if you decide exactly what it is you’re looking for before choosing a hosting provider.